Our Old Bank Showroom & Workshop are currently closed to visitors in compliance with government Covid-19 restrictions.
We will continue to process existing orders and repairs but we are currently unable to take on any new repairs or alterations. Web orders will continue to be dispatched but may take a little longer than normal.
We're visiting the showroom regularly to dispatch online orders and can help with other enquiries at the same time. If you can't find what you're looking for on our website we can send videos and photographs by whatsapp or email, If you would like to talk to a jeweller face-to-face we are able to offer virtual consultation via Zoom. You won't always be able to catch us on the phone but if you email email@example.com leaving details of your enquiry and a phone number we will get back to you. One of our jewellers will ask a few questions about your enquiry and then arrange a suitable time to meet.
When we are able to re-open we will continue to be guided by government and industry-specific advice. Our priority is always protecting our employees and visitors while trying to maintain our usual happy, comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. Here’s a list of some of the measures that we have put in place to ensure PA Jewellery is a safe environment for our customers and employees.
- In line with government guidelines you do need to wear a face covering when visiting. For security reasons, when you arrive we will ask you to lower your face covering for a moment as you pass through the airlock. If you arrive without a face covering we can provide you with one.
- We’ve installed transparent screens across all of our counters to allow us to safely meet where 2 metre distances can’t be maintained.
- We’re using alternate counters to give plenty of space between customers and employees.
- We’ve installed touch-free dispensers filled with 80% alcohol hand sanitiser at various points in the showroom and office space to make it easy for customers and staff to clean their hands on a regular basis when washing isn't an option.
- We'll be working on an appointment-only basis to control the number of customers in the showroom at any time and to prevent more than one group arriving at the same time. To make an appointment call 0114 2669253.
- We’ve introduced new cleaning regimes including sanitising counters between each customer and regular cleaning of all touch points including door handles and shared equipment.
- We've purchased new specialist cleaning equipment to safely sterilise all jewellery brought for examination or repair and any items handled or tried on by customers.
- As watches are particular difficult to effectively sterilise we have changed the way we deal with watch batteries and minor watch repair services such as bracelet alterations and we will no longer be offering a while you wait service. Instead all watches will be sealed in a plastic bag and allowed a minimum of 72 hours for any germs to become inactive before the battery is changed or adjustments are made. Battery and reseals, servicing and restoration will still be available via original manufacturers or our network of independent watchmakers. You will need to make an appointment to drop off and collect your watch.
- We’ve introduced a one-out, one-in system for employees using confined spaces and reconfigured our workshop and office spaces to minimise face to face contact.
- If you’d prefer to shop from home but still want the PA Jewellery service we’re offering virtual consultations using Zoom so you can speak to us from the comfort of your own home. We’ve purchased a special light box to take high quality photos and videos that can be sent by email or WhatsApp.
- Employees will be checked regularly for symptoms of Covid-19 including testing temperatures daily.
Our procedures will be under regular review according to best practice as advised by Government and trade bodies.
We want everyone to feel welcome to visit our showroom and by following these procedures we feel that your visit can be a safe as well as enjoyable one.
At all times we will reserve the right to not allow access to anyone who is exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms or not adhering to the above.