Our Old Bank Showroom & Workshop are now open again, albeit on an appointment only basis. To make an appointment call 0114 2669253.
Our priority is always protecting our employees and visitors while trying to maintain our usual happy, comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. Here’s a list of some of the measures that we have put in place to ensure PA Jewellery is a safe environment for our customers and employees.
- In line with updated government guidelines you do need to wear a face covering when visiting. For security reasons, when you arrive we will ask you to lower your face covering for a moment as you pass through the airlock. If you arrive without a face covering we can provide you with one.
- We’ve installed transparent screens across all of our counters to allow us to safely meet where 2 metre distances can’t be maintained.
- The showroom has been divided into “zones”; each customer will be.dedicated their own zone for the duration of their visit. For longer inquiries we've created a new consultation room away from the main showroom. To maintain the personal zones we're asking that you stay within your zone while ever other there are other customers in the shop. Our jewellers will be happy to bring our jewellery to you to look at.
- We’ve installed touch-free dispensers filled with 80% alcohol hand sanitiser at various points in the showroom and office space to make it easy for customers and staff to clean their hands on a regular basis when washing isn't an option.
- We'll be working on an appointment-only basis to control the number of customers in the showroom at any time and to prevent more than one group arriving at the same time. To make an appointment call 0114 2669253.
- We’ve introduced new cleaning regimes including sanitising the showroom “zones” between each customer and regular cleaning of all touch points including door handles and shared equipment.
- Until further notice we'll be open 5 days each week allowing employees that are shielding or have childcare responsibilities to remain at home and so the same team works together consistently; to allow for appropriate distancing in communal spaces and reduce the risk of the virus spreading between staff. Our opening hours will be 10am until 6pm Tuesday to Friday and 9am until 5pm on Saturdays, the last appointment will be 1 hour before closing to allow time for additional cleaning.
- We've purchased new specialist cleaning equipment to safely sterilise all jewellery brought for examination or repair and any items handled or tried on by customers.
- As watches are particular difficult to effectively sterilise we have changed the way we deal with watch batteries and minor watch repair services such as bracelet alterations and we will no longer be offering a while you wait service. Instead all watches will be sealed in a plastic bag and allowed a minimum of 72 hours for any germs to become inactive before the battery is changed or adjustments are made. Battery and reseals, servicing and restoration will still be available via original manufacturers or our network of independent watchmakers. You will need to make an appointment to drop of and collect your watch.
- We’ve introduced a one-way system for employee areas and a one-out, one-in system for any confined spaces.
- For anyone shielding or not comfortable visiting our showroom we're offering virtual consultations using Zoom so you can speak to us from the comfort of your own home.
- Employees will be checked regularly for symptoms of Covid-19 including testing temperatures daily.
Our procedures will be under regular review according to best practice as advised by Government and trade bodies.
We want everyone to feel welcome to visit our showroom and by following these procedures we feel that your visit can be a safe as well as enjoyable one.
At all times we will reserve the right to not allow access to anyone who is exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms or not adhering to the above.